LocoPlan is a graphically oriented software for resource planning and monitoring rail transport networks. The software package that has been specially tailored to the needs of small to medium-sized rail transporters supports the dispatching of trains and transport jobs for locomotives. The software permits the availability of locomotives and their capacity utilisation to be visualised along with any location or time conflicts. Interactive bar charts enable clear planning in multi-user environments. Linking the system to the catkin portal also makes it possible to integrate customers, service-providers and all mobile personnel. Planning errors – e.g. multiple deployments or connecting conflicts – are immediately recognisable and may be eliminated straight away. The enhanced transparency helps prevent mistakes and results in greater capacity utilisation and consequently improves the quality of trip and resource planning.
cTrans is an intuitive multi-client planning software for shipping companies that focuses on container transport and full loads. The graphically oriented application enables jobs to be planned using Gantt charts while taking account of such existing resources as vehicles and personnel. It also provides access to available terms and rates. These are presented in a clearly structured and compact visualisation. A secure and rapidly to implement interface may be used to export data to existing standard accounting software systems (Datev, Diamant, etc.). The catkin portal also permits telematics to be completely integrated. It is also possible on request to interface to existing systems that are already being used, such as Fleetboard, TomTom, mobileObjects, etc., to cTrans.
catkin provides businesses with a flexible customer and service-provider portal that cannot only be expanded at any time but also allows collaborative jobs to be processed. It does so without requiring these businesses to engage in any development work beforehand.
- catkin makes for uniform, structured communications between all those involved in the supply chain, creates transparency across the entire job status and simplifies the planning of the deployment of mobile resources at personnel and machine level.
- Jobs can be simply and reliably processed across different companies. Orders by phone, fax and email are no longer needed so that it becomes possible to significantly reduce dispatching work.
- All current relevant jobs are shown clearly in the job monitor.
- Every single step is documented, progress reports for processes are generated in real time.
- Job-related messages with photo documentation can be generated, e.g. proof of delivery or damage documentation.
- Supports GPS tracking for mobile deployments – including the auto-matching of individually stored geographical waypoints (e.g. continuous reporting of truck locations, movement profiles).
- Additional features include continuous timekeeping and immediate professional invoice checking.